Since the 18th century minerals from Leogang had been in renowned collections, for example the collection of Freiherr Baron von Moll (1760 – 1838), which was stolen in the course of the Napoleonic Wars and transported to Paris. Another example is the collection of Matthäus Mielichhofer founded at the end of the 18th century. This collection was purchased by the archbishopric St. Peter in 1839. Several of the most beautiful crystals found their way back to Leogang. It is to emphasise that thanks to those responsible for the museum in Leogang even items from Paris are now displayed.
Aragonite is a carbonate mineral, called like the first discovered deposits in the Aragon region in Spain. This stone is part of the the Barbara mining district by Franz Schmid and Johann Niederseer in 1964.